Three new brands announced on Monday that they had pulled ads from "Hannity."
Hebrew National, Reddi-wip, and Marie Callender's stopped running ads on Sean Hannity’s Fox News show a few months ago – but the news has come to light at a time when the show is in the spotlight.
A spokesperson from Conagra Brands, the company that owns all three food brands, told Business Insider on Monday that the company had "removed Hannity from our advertising plans for all Conagra brands."
"Our advertising is not intended to be an endorsement of or sponsorship of any particular program," hot dog brand Hebrew National posted on Twitter earlier in the day.
On Tuesday, a Conagra Brands spokesperson clarified the timing of the company's decision to cut advertising, adding that it had no relation to the current controversy with Sean Hannity.
"We adjusted our media spend several months ago due to the needs of our business," spokesperson Lanie Friedman said. "That said, we have not run on this program since August, so our decision was not made currently and has nothing to do with this controversy."
Conagra Brands is an $8 billion company. In addition to Hebrew National, Reddi-wip, and Marie Callender's, Conagra also owns brands including Orville Redenbacher's, Chef Boyardee, and Swiss Miss.
A wave of advertisers announced over the weekend that they would pull spots from "Hannity" following the host's interview on Friday with Roy Moore.
Moore is a Republican candidate for US Senate in Alabama accused of engaging in sexual misconduct with a 14-year-old and pursuing relationships with other teenagers when he was in his 30s.
On Monday, some of the advertisers attempted to walk back from their decisions to pull the ads, after facing intense backlash over the weekend. Keurig was the focus of much of the backlash, with some of Hannity's supporters destroying their Keurig coffee makers.
Keurig's CEO Bob Gamgort even apologized to employees, saying that the brand's decision to explain plans to halt advertising was "outside of company protocols."
"This gave the appearance of 'taking sides' in an emotionally charged debate that escalated on Twitter and beyond over the weekend, which was not our intent," Gamgort wrote in a memo obtained by The Washington Post's Erik Wemple.