This could by why sex is painful for you.
But there are times when you are fully aroused and when you try to penetrate anything, it just won't move.
This is known as vaginismus.
It is the sudden tightening of the vagina just before something is inserted into it- such as a penis, a sex toy or a tampon.
According to Buzzfeed Health, it can be caused by physical or psychological reasons. It leads to the spasming and clenching of the vagina and pelvic floor.
1. See a therapist to deal with the stress of intercourse.
2. Visit a physio to show you how to relax pelvic muscles.
3. Exercise gradually to get you used to penetration.
4. Use vaginal trainers to help you get used to vaginal penetration.
5. Use relaxation techniques to help you relax vaginal and pelvic muscles.
Source: NHS Choices UK