From drab to fab just using a needle and thread at home whoa!
For a majority of us, when we think of a grand event, the first thing that comes to mind is the need to go shopping for that one dress that will turn heads.
Very few of us think of DIY (Do It Yourself). Albeit, not all of us are blessed with the skill. To be good at DIY, you have to be crafty and creative, very creative!
One popular YouTuber, Amber Scholl decided to turn a 4dollar (400Ksh) dress into a fabulous prom dress and how easily she did that is almost like magic. I mean, this girl should be a fashion designer. She did a better job than many experienced fashion designers.
Amber decided to take her fans through the DIY process and we are so here for it.
Here were the requirements:
1. She started out by making the bottom of the dress fitting as the hem line was more like A-line.
2. She did this by sewing the dress with a thread and needle.
3. She then attached the crystal fabric using both glue and sewing.
Once she fixed the crystal fabric, she cut out the part that was covering the plunging neckline.
4. Using that fabric, she turned it into a long neck piece by attaching two hooks.
5. She then took the feather fabric and attached it to the waist from the back as an overskirt by sewing it on top of the skirt.
6. The result? Well, stunning is an understatement.