Yes, you can attend a wedding in a stylish jumpsuit
Of course you can wear a jumpsuit as a wedding guest, albeit, the design matters. Remember weddings are all about looking classy, without trying to steal the shine from the bride. Every lady needs at least one jumpsuit in her closet. You can grab it as your foundation then dress it up or dress it down, depending on the occasion or look you're going for. As a wedding guest though, you need to go for slightly intricate sophisticated designs so as not to look too basic. For instance, you could grab a jumpsuit that's in line with current trends such as ruffles or exaggerated sleeves or one that comes with a cape or overskirt. Be sure to remain modest though; steer clear of plunging necklines or sheer fabrics and such. African weddings are all about African print fashion and you could also go for one made from Kitenge fabric. Girl, you definitely have options.
The only problem with the jumpsuit as we all know is when it's time to pee, or God forbid the zip rips! Aside from that, it's definitely something you can consider wearing to the next wedding you're invited to.
Here are some inspirations:
1. A culotte jumpsuit is perfect for a wedding as it's effortlessly stylish.
2. You can never go wrong with an African print jumpsuit for a wedding.
3. Wide legged jumpsuits are so chic.
We especially love this cropped jumpsuit which will let you show off a stylish stiletto or block heel at a wedding!
4. A statement jumpsuit with an overskirt will totally turn heads.
5. You could also go for one with a cape.
6. Do not be afraid to go for vibrant colors, after all it's a wedding!
Unless of course, there's a dress code.
7. Printed jumpsuits such as those with florals or stripes should also be considred.
8. Go for designs that are in line with current trends such as cold shoulders, ruffles etc.
Draw attention to your best assets.
9. Lastly, remember you don't always have to dress up a jumpsuit.
You could go for a casual but stylish look by pairing a casual jumpsuit with a statement accessory and a stylish pair of casual shoes such as a mules.