Women dominated the winners category this year
Unfortunately, there was little hype around the event unlike other years as it happened to fall on the same day as the Royal wedding which of course, made the event take a back seat. Still, Kenyans in the blogosphere attended the event that has been recognizing and awarding bloggers since 2012. This year, new categories were added; Best Hair and Beauty Blog, Best Video Blog as well as Best Environment Blog.
Women dominated the winners category this year with some of the notable names being Kaluhi’s Kitchen for the Best Food Blog. Lucia Musau took home the Best Fashion Blog, Ray won the Best Lifestyle Blog (Potentash) while some of the gents such as Magunga won Best Creative Writing blog.
As usual, the event was meant to be a red carpet event, attended by top bloggers and influencers, but it’s almost as though people were too tired to try and dress up; albeit there were people who at least tried to look good.
Here’s what people wore to BAKE Awards:
1. Mwalimu Rachel was pretty in a short blonde hair cut and a snake print thigh high slit dress.
2. We love Shanniq's pretty African print outfit.
3. Viola went for a sequined gown and a side swept hairstyle.
4. 'Our Marriage Chronicles' bloggers did not disappoint.
5. New Afropolitan Vlogger was pretty in a burgundy dress.
6. Over 25 Vloggers looked pretty as always.
7. MC of the night, Actor Martin Githinji looked dapper!
8. Happy girls are the prettiest.