|There are 57 calories in 1 medium Beef Meatball.|
|Calorie breakdown: 60% fat, 15% carbs, 25% protein.|
- 1 tablespoon of ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon of cumin
- ¾ tablespoon of black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of thyme
- ½ teaspoon of ground ginger
- 5 garlic cloves
- 5 finely chopped ripe tomatoes
- 2 finely chopped onions
- 3 hoho (one halved, two finely chopped)
- 1 large carrot
- Finely chopped coriander
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- Pound the garlic till it turns into a paste. Add half of the paste to the garlic. The other half will be used while cooking.
- Grate the halved green bell pepper into the mixture. Ensure it is as fine as possible
- Add all the spices at once and mix the contents of the bowl until all of it is even throughout.
- Make your meatballs.
- Ensure that you eliminate any large cracks on the surface or they will dissociate while boiling. The surface should be very even.
- Let it rest overnight.
- Gently place them in a sufuria.
- Boil the meatballs for 30 minutes. Ensure that it cooks well enough.
- Withdraw them from the sufuria and place them in a separate bowl.
- Put the onions in the sufuria together with the remaining garlic paste. Sauté till the onions become soft. Ensure that the garlic does not burn because it will elicit a bitter taste.
- Add chopped tomatoes and let it simmer for 3 minutes. Add tomato puree so as to thicken the sauce and gives it a deeper, richer colour.
- Add hot water to the mixture so as to prevent it from sticking to the bottom and also increase the volume of the sauce.
- Mix the meatballs with the tomato sauce.
- Let the meatballs simmer for 8 minutes then add the carrots. Add the finely chopped green pepper after 5 minutes.
- Mix the components and add ¾ of the finely chopped coriander.
- Serve immediately with an accompaniment of your choice such as rice, ugali, spaghetti, or French fries.
The spicy meatballs are best served in the morning for breakfast. They are best accompanied by rice, ugali, noodles, spaghetti during lunch or dinner.
Meatballs can also be used to make very delicious, spicy soup.
Chefs also recommend adding a vegetable salad in order to make the diet balanced.
4 out of 5