Having sex on your periods… I didn’t think it achievable until 50 shades of Grey happened and while we didn’t get to see the scene, the book gave a pretty elaborate situation of how it goes down. (See what I did there?)
Is it Gross?
Unfortunately, a lot of people think it’s disgusting to have sex on your periods. Frankly speaking, this is upsetting. It’s another way of saying that the female body is disgusting and dirty when periods is only a natural reaction to a dying uterus lining.
But I get it, sex on periods is not for everyone. It might be the bloody smell, or genuine discomfort at the thought that he’ll see your lady parts in red, heck, sometimes it’s the PMS putting you off. It’s a grey area.
Still, if having sex while you are on your periods is something you’d like to do then go for it. It helps reduce the cramps, you’ve got more lube, your body is way more sensitive to touch and a lot of women have confessed to getting better orgasms.
Past the stigma, there are so many benefits of having sex on your periods. Here’six.
- Unless you have very heavy menses, it is highly unlikely that you will be swimming in a pool of blood during sex. The average amount of blood released for the whole period of menstruation is between 30 and 40ml. Picture just how little is released in a day. It’s not as messy as you think. A towel beneath your bodies is enough.
- It is just blood. No, it will not affect your man’s phallus or right itself on his forehead that you had period sex. Nothing changes for him other than an extra scrub to wash of the stains. He orgasms inside you too. See? No big deal about sharing body fluids.
- Did you know that orgasms reduce cramp pains? Orgasms are a natural pain reliever and way more fun to take than Buscopan.
- It can also help shorten your periods. The contractions of the uterus during sex eases the tearing of the uterus lining from the body. This makes your periods flow faster reducing your days by one or two.
- Let’s face it, we get hornier around our periods. As the body is way more sensitive, getting freakishly turned on during menses is normal. So why deny your body some good lovin’?
- Having a problem with natural lubrication? Period blood works as a perfect alternative, how’s that for natural?
This is one of those touchy topics that often goes unspoken but trust me when I say a lot of people are having sex on their periods and they are enjoying every bit of it. Their partners too!