Kenyans living in the US held protests at the UN headquarters in New York citing Jubilee’s bad governance.
The protests were held just over three weeks to the upcoming presidential elections to held in October 26.
Gatundu South MP however seemed to take issue at the size of the crowd.
Screenshotting a post by a social media user, he referred to the “mammoth” crowds outside the UN headquarters.
According to The Standard, the protesters had the following demands:
- No reforms at IEBC no election.
- Chiloba and his team must go.
- President Kenyatta should stop mutilating our wonderful constitution. 4) Police brutality must end immediately.
- IEBC servers must be opened.
- Kenyans have a right to travel out and return to Kenya without restrictions.
- Killers of Chris Msando must be apprehended.
- Raila and Kalonzo must be protected.
- Judiciary, Supreme Court judges must be respected.
- International community should prevail upon Jubilee administration to do the right thing.