Vincent Aboubakar Cameroonian striker extends Porto deal

  • Published:

The 25-year-old is Porto's top scorer so far this season with eight goals, two of which came in a 3-0 Champions League win at Monaco.

Porto's forward Vincent Aboubakar gestures during the Portuguese league football match against Portimonense at the Dragao stadium in Porto on September 22, 2017 play

Porto's forward Vincent Aboubakar gestures during the Portuguese league football match against Portimonense at the Dragao stadium in Porto on September 22, 2017

(AFP/File)

Cameroonian international striker Vincent Aboubakar has signed a contract extension that will keep him at Porto until 2021, the Portuguese side announced on Thursday.

The 25-year-old is Porto's top scorer so far this season with eight goals, two of which came in a 3-0 Champions League win at Monaco.

Porto also acquired all of the player's economic rights by buying the remaining 60 percent from his former club Lorient for 7.2 million euros ($8.29 million).

"The president (Jorge Nuno Pinto da Costa) led this negotiation with the agents of the athlete and Lorient, it wasn't easy," Porto financial administrator Fernando Gomes said in a statement.

Aboubakar joined Porto from French club Lorient in 2014, but spent last season on loan at Besiktas, scoring 12 goals as they won the Turkish league title.

Subscribe to the Pulselive Newsletter!
Do you ever witness news or have a story that should be featured on Pulse Live Kenya?
Submit your stories, pictures and videos to us now via WhatsApp: +254708994405, Social Media @pulselivekenya: #PulseLiveEyewitness & DM or Email: eyewitness@pulselive.co.ke.

Top 3

1 Manchester United Zlatan could be back this year, says Mourinhobullet
2 Premier League Batshuayi brace gets Chelsea back on trackbullet
3 Bundesliga Dortmund throw away two-goal lead in Frankfurt drawbullet

Football