The Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) All-Share Index (ASI) gained 0.12% to Friday to close at 32,453.69. Market capitalisation also gained N14.0 billion to close at N12.2 trillion.
NSE: 8 things you need to know before the opening bell – February 18, 2019
Nigerian equity market sustained its positive performance last week as foreign and domestic investors played down election risk.
- Nigeria's general election to hold Saturday, February 23 and March 9, 2019
Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) rescheduled February 16 Presidential and National Assembly elections. The postponement may not go down well with investors.
- Listed Companies to comply with the Nigerian Code of Corporate Governance 2018
NSE has asked listed companies to adopt the Nigerian Code of Corporate Governance 2018
- Nigeria's inflation at 11.37% in January 2019
Nigeria's inflation rate dropped to 11.37% in January 2019, the National Bureau of Statistics said on Friday in its CPI report.
The 11.37 per cent inflation rate for January is 0.07 percentage points lower than the 11.44 per cent which the country recorded in December.
- Nestle schedules Board Of Directors' meeting
Nestle Nigeria Plc has scheduled the meeting of the Board of Directors for March 4, 2019, to consider the draft financial statements for the year ended, December 31, 2018.
- NB releases 2018 financial statements
Nigerian Breweries on Friday released its 2018 accounts and financial statements
- Transcorp Plc financials for 2018
Transcorp Plc released consolidated and separate audited financials for the year ended December 31, 2018.
- The NSE continues on positive performance despite election risks
The Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) All-Share Index (ASI) appreciated to 32,715.20, while market capitalisation added N442 billion to close at N12.2 trillion last week
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: