- Indian businessman Mukesh Ambani is worth about $60 billion , making him the richest person in India and all of Asia.
- Forbes ranked the Ambanis the richest family in Asia in 2017.
- Ambani, the chairman and largest shareholder of oil-to-telecom conglomerate Reliance Industries, is almost four times richer than the second-richest person in India .
- Ambani and his family live in a 27-story skyscraper in Mumbai that cost an estimated $1 billion to build, which would make it one of the most expensive homes anywhere in the world.
- Visit Business Insider'shomepage for more stories.
Mukesh Ambani has been India's richest person for 12 years in a row. He's also the richest person in all of Asia, according to both Forbes and Bloomberg.
Ambani's wealth has more than doubled in the past 10 years, and he continued to grow richer in 2019 even as most of India's richest people lost money.
Here are nine mind-blowing facts that show just how wealthy Asia's richest man really is.
- The Saudi crown prince allegedly hacked Jeff Bezos' phone. Meet 34-year-old Mohammed bin Salman, who's at the center of human rights issues and drops millions on yachts and mansions.
- Louis Vuitton and Gucci are the only 2 luxury companies to consistently rank among the world's most valuable brands for the last 20 years. Here's how they grew to dominate the high-end retail sector.
- The 9 most valuable luxury brands in the world
DON'T MISS: The 15 richest people in India, ranked