- LVMH CEO Bernard Arnault is now the second-rich person alive, according to Bloomberg . Only Jeff Bezos has a higher net worth.
- Arnault has already made $39 billion in 2019, according to Bloomberg .
- That's the same amount Apple's App Store and Google Play made combined during the same time period, according to TechCrunch .
- Arnault's net worth is now $108 billion, according to Bloomberg .
Six months ago, Bernard Arnault was a lot less rich.
The 70-year-old LVMH CEO was the fourth-richest person alive at the start of 2019, according to Bloomberg .Since then, Arnault has made so much money that he displaced both Warren Buffett and Bill Gates to rank second on both Bloomberg's Billionaires Index and Forbes Billionaires List.
Most of Arnault's wealth comes from the 41% stake in LVMH he controls through his company Christian Dior, according to his profile in the Bloomberg's Billionaires Index . LVMH shares are up over 50% in 2019 so far, according to Forbes .
Here are five facts that put into perspective exactly how fast Arnault's fortune has grown.
- Bernard Arnault just overtook Bill Gates as the 2nd-richest person in the world. Here's how the French billionaire makes and spends his fortune
- Bill Gates just lost his ranking as the world's 2nd-richest person
- Richard Branson, who turns 69 today, is sitting on a $4 billion fortune but reportedly wears the same jeans every day see how the eccentric billionaire spends his money
SEE ALSO: The husband-and-wife duo who founded Forever 21 and had a combined net worth of nearly $6 billion in 2015 have fallen from their billionaire status
DON'T MISS: Wealth tax explainer: Why Elizabeth Warren and billionaires like George Soros alike are calling for a specialized tax on the ultra-wealthy