Netflix has given viewers a first behind the scenes look at 'Queen Sono', its first original series from Africa.
Here is your first look at 'Queen Sono,' Netflix's African original series
The American streaming platform has started producing its first original series from this continent.
The series follows a highly trained top spy whose sole mission is to improve the lives of South Africa's citizens.
"While taking on her most dangerous mission yet, she must also face changing relationships in her personal life," the plot reads.
This lead role is played by South African actress Pearl Thusi.
Queen Sono's all-local cast includes;
- Vuyo Dabula as an ex-spy named Shandu
- Sechaba Morojele as Dr Sid, director of the SOG
- Chi Mhende as a SOG agent
- Loyiso Madinga as a SOG agent
- Rob Van Vuuren as a SOG agent
- Kate Liquorish plays Ekaterina, an heiress with ulterior motives.
- Khathu Ramabulana as Queen's childhood friend, William
- Enhle Maphumulo as Nova, in a relationship with William
- Abigail Kubekha as Mazet, Queen's grandmother
- The supporting cast includes Connie Chiume, Otto Nobela and James Ngcobo.
The six-part crime drama is being produced by Johannesburg-based production company Diprente.
Kagiso Lediga, the showrunner and director of the series, is working with director Tebogo Malope.
These two will direct three episodes each with a team led by executive producer Tamsin Andersson.
Netflix's Queen Sono will be available in over 190 countries by 2020.
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: