- Bernard Arnault is the richest person in Europe, worth an estimated $80.8 billion .
- The 69-year-old French businessman is chairman and CEO of LVMH , the world's largest maker of luxury goods.
- LVMH brought in nearly $53 billion in revenue in 2018.
- Four of Arnault's five children work at LVMH brands that include Louis Vuitton , Rimowa, Berluti, and TAG Heuer.
French businessman Bernard Arnault is the richest person in Europe. He's worth an estimated $80.8 billion, according to Bloomberg.
As the chairman and CEO of LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton SE, known as LVMH, the world's largest maker of luxury goods, Arnault is also the richest person in the fashion industry . LVMH sells products that include Louis Vuitton handbags, Dom Perignon Champagne , TAG Heuer watches , and Rimowa luxury suitcases .
Now, four of Arnault's five children are part of the LVMH empire. His daughter, Delphine, is the executive vice president at Louis Vuitton and apparent heiress to LVMH.
Arnault, who lives in Paris and has a vacation home on the French Riviera, attended one of the most prestigious engineering schools in France and was named CEO of luxury goods holding company , Financiere Agache, in 1984, according to Bloomberg.
Here's a look at Arnault's career, life, and family.
- Meet the Wertheimers, the secretive French brothers worth $42 billion who control Chanel, own vineyards in France and Napa Valley, and breed racehorses
- What it's like living as a billionaire in Singapore, where wealthy residents are worth a combined $1 trillion and limited land makes owning a house the ultimate 'status symbol'
- How a Chinese billionaire went from making $16 a month in a factory to being one of the world's richest self-made women with an $8.3 billion real-estate empire