Nigerians spend N68 million at cinemas all over the country in one weekend.
Nigerians spend N68 million at cinemas in one weekend
This was the exact amount made from Friday, January 11 to Sunday, January 13, 2019.
This is according to the latest statistics released by the Cinema Exhibitors Association of Nigeria (CEAN).
From Friday, January 11 to Sunday, January 13, 2019, moviegoers spent approximately N68.1M on the top 20 weekend films.
Here is a breakdown of the top 10 movies:
(1) Aquaman - The data shows that this foreign movie was the number one film in the country over the weekend. It grossed N20.8M after showing for four weeks.
(2) Chief Daddy - This Nollywood comedy made N16.3M. It was shown in 51 locations. It made N115.7M within the first ten days of its release.
(3) Up North - This made N9M.
(4) The Call - Nigerian comedian Woli Arole's film made N3.5M after showing for two weeks.
(5) Second Act - Jennifer Lopez's movie grosses N2.5M.
(6) God's Calling - N2.5M
(7) Bumblebee - N1.8M.
(8) Uri: The Surgical Strike - N1.7M.
(9) Animated Spiderman - N1.7M.
(10) Green Book - N1.4M.
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: