- Mindbody , a wellness technology platform, released its annual Wellness Index ranking the healthiest and unhealthiest cities to live in 2020.
- The company surveyed 20,000 adults in the 50 most populous US cities on their fitness and wellness habits, and also looked at data from the US Census and business listing services.
- While Miami, Atlanta, and San Francisco topped the list of healthiest cities , places like Philadelphia and Detroit were at the bottom of the list.
- The unhealthiest city in the US is Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, where 39.6% of residents are stressed and 62% are sleep deprived.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories .
If you want to live in a city where locals are relatively healthy and report having low levels of stress, steer clear of places like Detroit, Philadelphia, and San Jose.
Mindbody, a wellness technology platform, ranked the healthiest and unhealthiest American cities to live in in its 2020 Wellness Index, based on factors including residents' overall health, behaviors, attitudes towards wellness, and the success of local wellness businesses like gyms and spas. The researchers surveyed 20,000 adults in the 50 most populous US cities on their fitness and wellness habits, and analyzed health data and other data from sources including the US Census and business listing services.
Turns out, the unhealthiest city in the US is Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Residents here are more stressed and less satisfied with their health and fitness than in any other city in America.
Here are the 10 unhealthiest cities to live in 2020.
- The 17 best countries in the world for people who want to run their own businesses and enjoy a high quality of life
- The 11 best books to read if you want to retire early, according to a man who built a $1.25 million net worth in 5 years
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry retreated to a mansion on Vancouver Island in the weeks before #Megxit news broke. Here are 3 private islands for sale nearby.