- The aviation research firm Skytrax announced its 2019 ranking of the best airlines in the world on Tuesday.
- Qatar Airways landed in the top spot, knocking last year's winner, Singapore Airlines , to second-place.
- American carriers again struggled to break into the top-ten rankings this year. No US-based airlines made it into any of the top 35 spots year. The top-ranked US carrier, JetBlue, pulled in at No. 40.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Qatar Airways has been crowned the best airline in the world for 2019, according to the consumer-aviation website Skytrax . The airline moved up one spot from the 2018 list, when it ranked second behind Singapore Airlines, which placed second on this year's list.
The website ranked airlines based on over 21 million survey responses from airline passengers. No US-based airlines made the list of the world's 20 best airlines.
Read on to see how the world's best airlines fared:
- Over 400 flights were delayed after the tires on a Boeing 757 operated by United Airlines blew out during landing
- Here's what the limos of 8 world leaders look like
- The 30 most popular cars on Instagram