- Dezeen is an architecture and design website that is celebrating current design innovations around the world through its second annual Dezeen Awards.
- This year, 53 projects were announced to be on the Dezeen Awards interiors shortlist, which was culled from the original 259 projects included on the longlist. The winner will be announced in October.
- Business Insider compiled the list of featured hotels that made the interiors shortlist.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
With over 4,500 project entries from 87 different countries, 75 leading figures in architecture and design are judging the projects to determine the best of the year. Judges are assessing each project based on 3 criteria: beauty, innovation, and benefit.
Read more : The 19 best hotels in the world in 2019
In July, a longlist featuring 259 projects was released. In the first week of September, a shortlist reduced to 53 projects was released. The winner will be announced in October.
Presented below, in order of price point, are the five hotels featured on this year's shortlist. Almost all fall under $200 per night.
- Golf homes are making a comeback in the US by resorting to the same tactic luxury apartment buildings are leaning into: a wide and wild array of amenities
- Mark Cuban, who just sold a majority stake in his two cable networks, owns a $19 million Laguna Beach vacation home with walls that open up to views of the Pacific Ocean. Here's a look inside.
- Inside the exclusive Montenegro resort influencers are loving this summer, complete with helicopter arrivals, a cliffside pool, and a $6,000 weekly price tag