- The "world's fastest UPS truck" is now up for auction with the Iron Horse Auction Company based in Rockingham, North Carolina.
- The truck was created by UPS to advertise its sponsorship of NASCAR in the mid-2000s and was famously featured in a series of "Race the Truck" commercials, according to Road and Track .
- Visit BusinessInsider.com for more stories .
The "world's fastest UPS truck" created by the company to advertise its NASCAR sponsorship is now up for auction, starting at $1.
The speedy delivery truck is being auctioned off by Iron Horse Auction Company, which is based in Rockingham North Carolina. The auction house claims it is the world's fastest UPS truck and has 850 horsepower.
The UPS truck is a recognizable icon from the series of "Race the Truck" NASCAR commercials aired in the mid-2000s, which were created to promote the package delivery company's sponsorship of NASCAR, according to Car and Driver.
The commercials include a clip of famed NASCAR driver Dale Jarrett maneuvering the truck down a track against other race cars. The truck won, of course, and the sentimental advertisement ends with a screen that reads, "Thanks, Dale. It's been a good ride." next to the UPS logo.
- A NYC family converted a Ford shuttle bus into a tiny home on wheels called 'Buster' to visit every National Park in North America
- The 5 most fuel-efficient cars on the road today and the 4 least fuel-efficient ones
- 10 flight attendants reveal the most disappointing part of their job