Confusion as thousands of Kenyans turned away at Huduma centres
It is not the first time such a situation is happening
The Daily Nation reported that the guards main centre in Nairobi pointed to many services being unavailable as the systems were down.
Cabinet Secretary for Public Service Prof Margaret Kobia confirmed the outage but re-assured Kenyans that normal services would resume as soon as possible.
“What is unavailable is ICT services which are offered by Safaricom and Telkom Kenya who halted their services because we are yet to pay outstanding bills of around Sh85 million from the previous financial year,” she said.
The CS said a delay in settling year's bills could have led to the situation since the government had closed its books on June 30 and opened new ones for 2018/2019.
A similar situation was witnessed last year when services were once again suspended due to a power outage owing to delayed payment of power bills.
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: