- Lekki is a city and naturally formed Peninsula in Lagos state.
- The stretch between Ajah and Sangotedo - communities within the Lekki axis - saw gridlock on Independence Day due to rain
- More rain on Wednesday, October 2nd, saw Lekki residents spend over 7 hours in traffic commuting from Victoria island to Sangotedo and beyond.
- The gridlock is because of a damaged part of the Lekki expressway that floods when it rains and reduces the road to a single lane
- Residents took to Twitter to vent at Lagos Governor Sanwo-Olu but should he be the focus of their anger?
Rain shuts down parts of Nigeria’s megacity, Lekki’s Sangotedo Market is 23 kilometers away from the Four Points Sheraton hotel which is located in Victoria Island. On a good day without traffic, it’s a 30 to 35-minute commute by car.