- His eldest daughter, Gianna 'Gigi' Bryant, was also killed in the accident, per TMZ and ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski .
- She was 13 years old.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories .
Los Angeles Lakers legend Kobe Bryant died Sunday in a helicopter crash in Calabasas, California, at 41 years old.
TMZ has confirmed that his eldest daughter, Gianna 'Gigi' Bryant, was also killed in the accident. She was 13 years old.
ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski independently confirmed the report.
According to TMZ, the pair was traveling to the Mamba Academy in Thousand Oaks, California, for a basketball practice when the crash occurred. They were among at least five people confirmed dead in the accident, including another player and parent. Bryant's wife, Vanessa, is not thought to be among them.
Bryant's legacy not only in the NBA but across the world of sports cannot be understated, and he passed his love of the game on to Gianna. They had been spotted sitting courtside at NBA games in recent months, and Kobe had stated in the past that she aspired to one day play college basketball for UConn .
- Read more:
- The sports world is reacting to the sudden and tragic death of Lakers legend Kobe Bryant
- Kobe Bryant says there are WNBA stars who 'could most certainly keep up' in the NBA
- Kobe Bryant, 41, dies in helicopter crash in Calabasas, California
- Giannis Antetokounmpo says the Zion Williamson has put the NBA on notice: 'The whole league knows you're going to be a beast'
- NBA has no plans to cancel games after basketball icon Kobe Bryant died in a helicopter crash
- Kobe Bryant's last tweet before he died was to congratulate LeBron James on surpassing him for the NBA all-time scoring list
- Kobe Bryant thinks some WNBA players are good enough to play with the guys. Many women's teams are already doing that.