- Long took advantage of a misplayed ball from Watford, leaping in front of an errant pass to deflect the ball towards the goal with no one back to stop him.
- Long deposited a simple shot past the keeper just 7.69 seconds into the match, giving Southampton the earlier 1-0 lead in EPL history.
- The goal breaks a record set by Tottenham forward Ledley King in 2000 when King scored just 10 seconds into the match.
- To put the goal in perspective, Usain Bolt needed 9.81 seconds to win gold in the 100 meters at the 2016 Olympics in Rio.
- You can watch Long's goal below.
- Read more from Tyler Lauletta: Rob Gronkowski did a Rob Gronkowski thing when he used the Lombardi trophy as a baseball bat and left a huge dent The person who won $1.19 million by betting $85,000 on Tigers Woods to win the Masters had never bet on sports on before A dog named Cactus wandered off from his home and decided to run an ultramarathon through the desert I'm a Philly native who tried 4 of the city's best cheesesteaks in one day here's the verdict
- Ajax just dumped Juventus out of Europe with its young and hungry kids, despite Cristiano Ronaldo's early heroics
- Italian football club AS Roma has banned its players from taking pictures with Drake because he's so unlucky
- Cristiano Ronaldo has never reached a Champions League semi-final the same year a 'Toy Story' film has been released