- Costco is selling a "wedding cake" that consists of roughly 24 pounds of cheese.
- The cake, which is essentially a stack of five different types of cheeses, costs $439.99 and can be purchased online.
- Costco says that the cheesy wedding cake can feed 105 to 150 people.
Costco has the perfect wedding cake for cheese lovers.
The warehouse chain is selling a cheese "wedding cake" online for $439.99. The item, called "Sid Wainer & Son Cheese Lover Artisan Wedding Cake" includes roughly 24 pounds of artisan cheeses, enough to feed an estimated 105 to 150 people.
The "cake" is a stack of five different types of cheese: Red Leicester, Danish Blue, Murcia al Vino, Tuscan Sheep's Cheese, and Brillat Savarin Triple Cream Brie.
"Comprised of gourmet cheeses sourced from around the world, the Cheese Lover Celebration Cake is a striking and delicious alternative to a classic centerpiece, cake, or cheese board," reads the description on Costco's website.
"Simply decorate with flowers, ribbons, or edible garnishes tailored to your own color scheme for an unforgettable addition to your next dining event," the description continues. "This is also a tasty substitute to a traditional wedding cake and perfect for any formal event. "
Cheese lovers can purchase the "cake" on Costco's website. The purchase averages out to spending $18.33 per pound of cheese.
- Read more about Costco:
- 15 things you can buy from Costco, Amazon, Sam's Club, and BJ's to be ready for when the apocalypse hits
- People are obsessed with buying cars through Costco instead of at dealerships these are the biggest differences between the two
- Costco, Walmart, and Target workers handle some ridiculous returns, from entire lawn sets to used toilets
- There have long been rumors that Costco's vodka is the same as Grey Goose here's one expert's opinion