- I flew economy class on Air Peace from Lagos to Abuja and the experience was unimpressive.
- Many local airlines are notorious for flight delays, rescheduling and cancellations but Air Peace seems to have figured out a way to stand out from the crowd here.
- My journey with Air Peace, it took about an hour 17 minutes from 2:20 PM to 3:37 PM.
I flew economy class for an hour on one of Nigeria's most popular airlines. Here’s what it was like
Air Peace is one of Nigeria's most popular airlines and operates across other African countries.
On Monday, January 28, 2019, I flew economy class on Air Peace, one of Nigeria's most popular airlines, from Lagos to Abuja, the nation's capital and the experience was unimpressive.
Air Peace is a private Nigerian airline that provides passenger and charter services across major cities in Africa's most populous nation and other West African cities. Among the other African cities outside Nigeria are Accra, Ghana; Freetown, Sierra Leone; Banjul, The Gambia; Dakar, Senegal; and Monrovia, Liberia.
Many local airlines are notorious for flight delays and rescheduling cancellations but Air Peace seems to have figured out a way to stand out from the crowd here.
A flight attendant told me that the company has since been working hard to shed this reputation and change for the better.
A flight from Lagos to Abuja takes about an hour depending on the flight speed. For my journey with Air Peace, it took about an hour 17 minutes from 2:20 PM to 3:37 PM. My return flight to Lagos also took off at the scheduled time.
Here’s what I thought of my flight with Air Peace from Lagos to Abuja and back:
- The flight was right on time and left exactly 2:20 p.m for Lagos from Abuja, the time allotted for take-off.
- Air Peace officials told me they have reviewed their timing and decided to make travels right on time in 2019. Only time will tell if this new policy will hold up.
- At N52,000 (about $169), flying Air Peace on a roundtrip from Lagos to Abuja is one of the cheapest in Nigeria.
- The complimentary drink and snacks were not great. I got a mint sweet, a pack of biscuits, one pack of Happy Hour juice, and a cup of water.
- The air hostesses and cabin crew members were professionals and well-trained.
- On the return trip, we found it hard to hear announcements from the cabin crew and pilot team as the speakers on board the flight were faulty.
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: