- Apple's website no longer offers the iPhone XS or XS Max, both of which were introduced last year, and the iPhone 7 has apparently been discontinued. The older versions of the iPad and Apple Watch have been replaced as well.
- Apple still sells some older model devices through its refurbished store, and pre-orders for the latest models are already live.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Apple just unveiled its new iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch devices to its lineup, but a few of the company's older devices seem to be headed for the graveyard.
While pre-orders for the newly announced iPhone 11, the seventh generation iPad, and the Apple Watch series 5 are already live, Apple's website is no longer selling the iPhone XS or XS Max, both of which debuted a year ago. The iPhone 10R, which was announced at the same time as the XS and XS Max, is still available.
The iPhone 7, which was released in 2016, has apparently been discontinued as well. Apple has also replaced the 9.7 inch iPad with the 10.2 inch model, and the new Apple Watch has replaced the series 4.
Apple took a similar approach with its product line last year. The company discontinued the iPhone X, which was replaced by the iPhone XS, as well as the iPhone 6S, 6S Plus, and iPhone SE.
The iPhone 11 and seventh generation iPad will be available on September 30, while the series 5 Apple Watch will be available in stores on September 20. Apple will also release iOS 13, the latest update to the iPhone software , on September 19.
The iPhone 8 is now the cheapest available iPhone at $450, while iPhone 11 prices start at $699. Prices for the iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max, which are most comparable to the XS and XS Max, begin at $999 and $1,099, respectively. The XS and XS Max launched at the same price point last year.
If you're still interested in purchasing these discontinued Apple devices, you might be able to find them in Apple's refurbished products store . The shop currently offers the iPhone X, 9.7 inch iPads, and series 4 Apple Watches.
Apple did not immediately respond to Business Insider's request for confirmation on the discontinued iPhones, iPad, and Apple Watch.
- Here's everything that happened at Apple's huge iPhone 11 launch event
- Apple will release its next major iPhone software on September 19. Here are 10 new features worth getting excited about.
- These are Apple's new iPhones: the iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, and iPhone 11 Pro Max
SEE ALSO: This is the iPhone 11