- You can't use voice commands on your Google Home to control Amazon Music the way you would with other apps.
- Here's how to cast Amazon Music to your Google Home from an Android device.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories .
For years now, Google and Amazon have had what you might call a tense relationship. It all started when Amazon created their own app store for Android , and started encouraging users to download that in order to gain access to Amazon Prime . Then, they started refusing to sell Google Home or Chromecast on Amazon , instead offering their own alternatives. Then, Google pulled the YouTube app from Google devices.
It's become an all-out rivalry since 2017, and one of the consequences of that rivalry was that you couldn't play Amazon Music through a Google Home speaker. There was a workaround where you could use the Amazon Music web app in Google Chrome and cast it from your computer, but that's a lot of extra effort compared to streaming any other music app.
As for Apple users, unfortunately, you'll have to keep using that computer casting workaround for now.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to play Amazon Music on your Google Home speaker using an Android device
1. Open the Amazon Music app on your Android device.
2. Tap the cast icon at the bottom of your screen. It looks like a TV with a Wi-Fi symbol inside.
3. Choose your Google Home speaker from the list of devices. Make sure that your phone is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Google Home.
4. Choose a song to play, it should play from your Google Home speaker.
Note, due to the Google and Amazon rivalry, you can't use voice commands to control the Amazon Music app through your Google Home the way you can with other music apps.
If you try, your Google assistant will either default to a different music provider, like Google Play or Spotify, or tell you that "Voice commands aren't available for that app."
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech :
- You can't change the name your Google Home responds to, but you can change the device's name in the app here's how
- How to use your Google Home device as a music speaker in 2 different ways
- How to play YouTube videos through your Google Home in 2 different ways
- How to change the Wi-Fi network on your Google Home, and connect all of your smart devices
- How to connect Spotify to your Google Home, and control your music with voice commands
- How to make Google Chrome display in 'Dark Mode' in 3 ways on your Mac or PC
- How to clear your cookies on a Microsoft Edge browser to help it run more efficiently
- How to go full screen in Google Chrome on your computer, and eliminate distractions
SEE ALSO: The best Bluetooth speakers