- Alexa has a default voice setting to speak in a female voice with a non-regional United States English dialect.
- You can change Alexa's language or accent, or choose a celebrity voice.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories .
After listening to Alexa's dulcet tones in American English for a while, you might want to change it up.
Luckily, Alexa has multiple accent and language options built in that you can change for free.
These range from accented English to actual foreign languages such as Mexican Spanish, European Spanish, French, Italian, Japanese and more.
Not only are there many options for accents, you can also change Alexa's voice to a celebrity voice (including Samuel L. Jackson's), though it will cost an additional fee.
Here's how to change Alexa's language.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to change Alexa's language
1. Open the Alexa app on your smartphone.
2. Tap on "Devices" in the lower right corner of the bottom menu.
3. Tap on "Echo and Alexa."
4. Tap on your Echo device within the app.
5. Scroll down to and tap on "Language" under "General."
There are options to change to various English accents, as well as to change to whole non-English languages ranging from Spanish to Japanese.
As mentioned, there are some celebrity voices such as Samuel L. Jackson's that can be added to your Alexa. To have Alexa answer some requests and questions as Samuel L. Jackson, say "Alexa, introduce me to Samuel L. Jackson." It will then ask if you want him to use explicit language and finally it will confirm a purchase fee.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech :
- How to play Apple Music using Alexa on your Amazon Echo speaker
- How to change the Wi-Fi network on your Alexa-enabled smart speaker
- How to play podcasts on your Alexa-enabled smart speaker
- 'Does Alexa work with a Samsung Galaxy S10?': Yes, it does here's how to make Alexa your new digital assistant
- How to connect Alexa to a Roku device, so you can control your Roku with voice commands
- How to stop your Alexa device from flashing green when receiving a call
- How to delete your Alexa device's voice command history in 3 ways
- How to record a Zoom meeting on desktop or mobile, and edit your settings so that others can record your meetings
SEE ALSO: The best Amazon Echo smart speakers and smart displays