- You can delete your email account by navigating to the Mail app's preferences, and then selecting which account you want to remove.
- Here's what you'll need to do to delete an email account from your Mac's Mail app.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories .
Using a separate email app on your computer can be a useful way to divide up your work and non-work activities to find focus during the day.
But if you want to eventually delete an email address from the Mail app on your Mac computer, you can do it in the app's Preferences menu.
Here's how to do it.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to delete an email account on a Mac computer in Mail
1. Open the Mail app on your Mac computer.
2. In the top toolbar, select "Mail" and then "Preferences."
3. Toggle over to the "Accounts" section, located at the top of the window.
4. Select the account you want to remove from the left sidebar, then click the "" button at the bottom of that sidebar.
If the email account you want to delete from your Mail app is also used in other apps on your Mac, you will see a pop-up window appear.
In that case, click "Internet Accounts" and then deselect the "Mail" checkbox for that account.
Or, to remove that email account from being used in any apps on your computer, select the email account in that "Internet Accounts" window and then press the "" button to remove it.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech :
- How to block emails from certain senders on your Mac computer using the Mail app
- How to delete your frequently visited Safari sites on a Mac computer in 2 different ways
- How to turn off autocorrect on your Mac computer in 4 steps
- How to delete pages from a PDF on your Mac computer, or add pages in 2 ways
- How to convert a PNG image file to JPG on a Mac computer using the Preview app
- How to refresh the Mail app on your Mac computer to make sure you're getting new emails in all inboxes
- How to change your Snapchat password, or reset it if you've forgotten it
- How to close all the windows on a Mac computer using Safari, in 2 different ways
SEE ALSO: The best Macbooks you can buy