- The price of international calling on Google Voice varies depending on which country you're calling from and where you're calling to.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories .
Google Voice makes international calling a simple task, though you'll want to familiarize yourself with the varying rates for placing calls to particular countries.
Here's how to make international calls from Google Voice using your mobile phone, tablet, or computer.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to make international calls with Google Voice on your computer
2. Make sure you have calling credit to pay for your international call by clicking the gear icon in the top-right corner and then clicking "Payment" in the sidebar. Calls to Canada from the U.S. are free but everywhere else has at least a nominal fee.
3. Click the Dial icon and then enter the number you wish to call using the keypad. Make sure to enter the country code before the phone number.
4. Click the phone icon to begin your call. A voice message will give you the rate per minute for your call. At this point you can accept the rate and continue or hang up.
How to make international calls with Google Voice on Android
Note that, depending on your cellular data plan, there may be extra fees from your mobile carrier for international calls.
1. Open the Google Voice app on your Android device and log in if needed.
2. Tap the Dial icon and dial the international number that you want to call. Make sure to enter the country code before the phone number.
3. You might see a carrier notice warning you of extra fees. Tap "Got it" and then tap the phone icon. You'll hear a message telling you the international rate for your call.
How to make international calls with Google Voice on iPhone or iPad
2. Tap the Dial icon, and enter in the phone number of the person you want to call. Make sure to enter the country code before the phone number.
3. Tap the phone icon to begin your call. You'll hear a message telling you the international rate for your call.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
- How to add credit to your Google Voice account in 2 ways, so you can make international calls
- How to delete your Google Voice number, and what it means for your account
- How to block a number on Google Voice on desktop or mobile
- How to find your Google Voice number on desktop or mobile
- How to set up and listen to voicemail on Google Voice, using an Android or iPhone
- How to find concerts on Spotify on desktop or mobile, and get a list of show recommendations near you based on your music tastes
- How to share an Apple Music playlist on your computer or mobile device
- 'What is the difference between Pandora Plus and Pandora Premium?': Here's what Pandora's paid service tiers offer