- On the Scheduled app, you can schedule messages to send at a later time via iMessage, SMS, or WhatsApp, to a single contact or a larger group.
- If you want the Scheduled app to send your messages automatically, you'll have to pay $3.49 per month for the premium version. Otherwise, the free version of the app will remind you to manually send your message at the scheduled time.
How can scheduled text messages make your life easier?
They can allow you to plan daily, weekly, or even monthly reminders that keep family, friends, or coworkers on schedule without you having to remember to send the reminder at a given time. A scheduled text message can ensure you never forget a birthday or anniversary greeting when scheduled yearly.
Unfortunately, there is no built-in message scheduling feature on your iPhone . But with the Scheduled app on the iPhone , you can write your texts now and send them at a later time and date of your choosing.
Just know that you will need to shell out $3.49 per month if you want the app to automatically send your scheduled messages. Otherwise, the free version of the app will remind you to manually send your scheduled text message at the time you choose.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to schedule a text message on your iPhone
1. Download the Scheduled app on your phone and go through the one-minute setup process. Opt for the paid Premium plan if you want it to send your scheduled texts automatically, or just choose the free version if you'd like to receive a reminder when it's time to send your scheduled text.
2. During setup, allow the app to access your contacts list, or it will be next to useless.
3. On the Scheduled home screen, tap the plus (+) symbol at the bottom of the screen to create a new scheduled text.
4. Select the platforms via which you will send the message at the top of the screen, then enter the contact (or contacts you can form a group for repeat texting) to whom the message will go using the "To" field.
5. Enter your text, add a photo if you wish, then tap "Schedule date" and select the time and date at which the message will be sent.
6. "Don't repeat" is the default setting; to create a message that will be sent periodically, tap "Repeat" and select the appropriate option.
7. Tap the "Reminder" box if you're using the free version of the app, or if you don't want it to auto-send and would rather have a chance to send it yourself at the set time. Tap "Send automatically" if you have a Premium plan and want the app to do the sending.
8. Tap "SCHEDULE MESSAGE" at the bottom of the screen, and you're all set.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech :
- How to set up text message forwarding on your iPhone to forward messages to other Apple devices
- How to schedule a post on your Facebook page or profile from a desktop or mobile device
- How to schedule Instagram posts and maintain a consistent online presence for your business or brand
- How to free up space on an iPhone that's running out of storage
NOW WATCH: 7 lesser-known benefits of Amazon Prime
- How to use the Find My iPhone feature for a Mac, to locate your computer if it's lost or stolen
- How to connect your iPhone to Wi-Fi in 2 different ways, to either a visible or hidden network
- How to cancel a Lyft ride and not get charged with a fee