- The process to share a business page on Facebook works similarly on the mobile and desktop apps.
- Sharing a business page on Facebook is helpful for showing or promoting a company or organization to your friends online.
- Visit Business Insider's Tech Reference library for more stories .
It's easy to share a business page on Facebook whether you do so online or on the mobile app.
Business pages are designed to be viewed and shared by friends on timelines, in groups and events, or via private message. To share a company or organization's page using any of these options, click the "Share" button with an arrow found below the page's header photo.
Sharing on the mobile app looks about the same, though options are condensed due to limited space. Tap the three dots to open the page's menu, where you can then draft a post. Choose to share on your timeline or to another location with the option at the top of the screen.
Here's how to do both.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to share a business page on Facebook on a computer
1. Navigate to the business page you'd like the share.
2. Click the "Share" button with the arrow found underneath the header photo.
3. This will open a pop-up. Add text if you'd like in the "Say something about this" section. You can also tag friends, note your location, or add a reaction by clicking the appropriate icon in the bottom left corner.
4. You can also select who you would like to share the page with by clicking the blue button at the top. Sharing to your timeline is the default, but you can also choose to share to a friend's timeline, a group, or an event instead. Or, you can opt to simply share in a private message.
- If you choose to stick with the default and share to your timeline, you can also change who can see the post on your timeline next to the "Cancel" and "Post" buttons at the bottom. For example, you can set the post so that all your public friends can see it except for a few people.
5. Click "Post" when you're ready.
How to share a business page on Facebook on the mobile app
1. Find the business page you wish to share.
2. Tap the three dots menu.
3. This will open a pop-up. Tap "Write Post" to begin sharing.
4. This will open a draft. You can tap to change where you are sharing the page at the top. (Options include your timeline, a group, an event, or private message.)
5. Tap the blue "Post" option in the upper right hand corner when you're done.
Related coverage from Tech Reference :
- How to permanently delete your Facebook Dating profile, or 'take a break' from it
- How to add your location to a Facebook post using the check-in feature
- How to comment as a page on Facebook in 3 simple steps
- How to add a co-host to a Facebook event in 3 simple steps
- How to find your liked pages on Facebook on a computer or mobile device
- How to delete files from Dropbox to save space in 3 ways, and recover them later
- How to forward emails from Outlook to another account by creating a 'rule' that does it for you automatically
- How to clear your Twitter cache on a mobile device to make the app run more efficiently