- iOS 13's automatic brightness feature changes an iPhone screen's light intensity depending on your surroundings, based on the amount of light around you.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories .
For example, if you're under bright lights, your iPhone's brightness will go up to match. In a dark room, the brightness will drop so it doesn't strain your eyes.
If you're changing environments quickly going from a dim hall to a brightly lit conference room, for example you may have noticed your iPhone's screen adapting.
If this feature is more of an annoyance than a convenience for you, turning off automatic brightness is simple.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to turn off auto brightness in iOS 13
1. On your iPhone, launch the Settings app and scroll down until you find the "Accessibility" tab. Tap it to open it.
2. On this page, select "Display & Text Size" in the first section.
3. Scroll to the very bottom of the page and tap the toggle slider next to "Auto-Brightness" so slides to the left.
Your iPhone will no longer change the brightness automatically.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech :
- 'What is Raise to Wake on an iPhone?': How to enable or turn off the feature that lights up your iPhone screen when you lift it
- How to use Do Not Disturb on an iPhone to silence notifications and limit distractions
- iOS 13 lets you automatically close tabs in the Safari browser on an iPhone after a set period of time here's how to do it
- iOS 13 has a new feature that limits the data usage on your iPhone here's how to use Low Data Mode
- How to copy and paste using gestures on an iPhone with iOS 13, and edit text in an instant
- How to add people on Discord by sending them an invitation link
- Find My Friends is just called 'Find My' in iOS 13 here's how to access and use it on your iPhone
- How to join a Discord server on a computer or mobile device