- It's also a good idea to update Google Maps so you can get the latest and most secure system available.
- Here's how to update Google Maps on an iPhone or Android phone.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories .
If you're the type of person who often ignores update prompts on your various devices, it's probably a good idea to take things into your own hands and do some manual updates.
While this can feel like a bit of an inconvenience, keeping your apps up to date is necessary since those updates can help keep your apps running properly, while also getting the best security that's available for those apps.
On Google Maps , for example, staying updated can even impact whether or not you can share your location.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to update Google Maps on your Android phone
1. Open the Google Play Store.
2. Tap the three stacked lines in the top-left corner of the screen.
3. Tap "My apps & games."
4. If you see the Google Maps app in the "Update" section, tap the button next to it that says "Update."
How to update Google Maps on your iPhone
1. Go into the App Store.
2. Tap "Updates," located in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
3. If you see the Maps app listed there, tap "Get Updates" next to it.
4. Enter your password to continue and press "Okay" to confirm your choice.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech :
- How to change the Google Maps voice on an Android phone or iPhone
- How to calibrate your Google Maps app to give more accurate directions, on iPhone or Android
- How to change your default home address on an iPhone, in both Google Maps and Apple Maps
- How to change your route on Google Maps on desktop or mobile, to choose an alternate route or make your own
NOW WATCH: 5 things wrong with Apple's lightning cable
- How to find the serial number on your Samsung Galaxy S10, which you'll need if you ever have it serviced
- 'Does Alexa work with a Samsung Galaxy S10?': Yes, it does here's how to make Alexa your new digital assistant
- How to add music to a video on your iPhone using the iMovie app, and choose from stock music or your own library