On Thursday evening, the tech entrepreneur announced his arrival in a tweet. Per the visit, Jack will be hosted some entrepreneurs in Lagos, details of which company's Communications team declined when Business Insider SSA requested details last month.
In October, Jack said he will be in Ethiopia, Ghana, Nigeria, and South Africa. Nigeria is his first point of contact on the continent.
Business Insider SSA looks at 5 things the Twitter CEO should address while in Nigeria:
- Address political trolls and bots. Before the February 2019 general election in Nigeria, Twitter suspended the accounts of some social media influencers for spam violations and part of election integrity efforts in the country.
- Jack should talk about “bots”, “botnets”, and “trolls, and how the micro-blogging website is planning to regulate fake news, most especially from Africa's perspective.
- Nigeria’s role as Twitter’s biggest market in Africa. Jack should talk about the impact of the Nigerian market on Twitter’s overall market share and, possibly, bottom in.
- Open up discussion about the Nigeria's proposed social media bill - a new controversial bill in the National Assembly.
- Discussion on accelerator program for tech entrepreneurs
- Talk about coding classes for children like Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg commitment in Nigeria.