- PayPal.Me is connected to your PayPal account in order to make it easier for others to send money and you also can't delete your unique link.
- You can, however, turn off your PayPal.Me link, so that no one can send you money. But if you want a new link, you'll have to create a new PayPal account.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories .
You can't change your PayPal.Me link, but you can turn it off — here's how
You can't change your PayPal.Me link after it has been created.
If you buy or sell things online, chances are you've used PayPal to do so. The online payment system makes it easy to exchange funds online.
PayPal.Me aims to make that process even simpler, providing users with a customized link through which you can receive payments instantly.
That means the sender doesn't need to know your name, email address, or phone number as long as they have your PayPal.Me link, they can send money your way.
You cant change your PayPal.Me link once its created
Unfortunately, once created, PayPal.Me links cannot be changed. Given that users choose their own display name when setting up PayPal.Me, that link becomes the singular way of identifying your account and PayPal doesn't allow that to be altered.
You also cannot delete PayPal.Me links, so if you no longer want to use the system, your one option is to hide the link by turning it off, meaning people won't be able to send you money by using it.
Here's how to do it.
How to turn off your PayPal.M e link
1. Log into your PayPal account by entering your email address and password.
2. In the upper right-hand corner of your home screen, click the small gear icon to go to your Account Settings page.
3. Under the "Profile" header, click "Manage" beneath your PayPal.Me link URL.
4. On the "Your PayPal.Me" screen, toggle the "Turn it on or off anytime" box so that it is off, which will turn the bar gray.
5. When asked "Are you sure?" click "Turn Off" to confirm. Your PayPal.Me link will then be turned off.
If you want to create a new PayPal.Me link, you'll have to create a new PayPal account and then create a new PayPal.Me .
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech :
- PayPal.Me is a personal link that lets anyone send money to your PayPal account here's how to create one
- How to send money on PayPal using the mobile app or website
- How to send an invoice on PayPal to remind your clients to pay you
- 'What is PayPal Credit?': How to use PayPal's line of credit to pay off online purchases over time
- How to add money to your PayPal account, so you can transfer money or pay bills immediately
NOW WATCH: Apple just released iOS 13.2 with 60 new emoji and emoji variations. Here's how everyday people submit their own emoji.
SEE ALSO: The best laptops you can buy
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: