Investing in yourself is one of the most profitable investments you can have. It takes placing a priority on yourself that you truly achieve a successful, happy life.
Here’s how you can Invest in yourself in 2021
You are worthy.
Pulse Live Kenya
Whether it's trying out a new skill or improving yourself personally or professionally, placing yourself first enables you to achieve the quality of life you seek.
Here are 3 ways you can achieve a better quality life, while investing in yourself.
Nurture Your Mind
- Set goals: By writing down what you want to achieve, you set something in motion; the discipline in abiding to it. Having intentions and the personal drive to stick to it gives you a feeling of accomplishment. A planner or a personalized journal helps you set your goals in an organized and fulfilling way.
- Practise mindfulness. Being aware of your actions and surroundings tends to steady your mind and helps you identify what makes you productive and what doesn't. Trying out yoga at home helps you feel centered and your mind energized.
Nurture Your Body
- Invest in your health. Most of us want to live long lives watching our families grow and having a good time with friends. You may want to try having simple at-home workouts such as Zumba or even opt to hop on a treadmill every morning for rejuvenation. You could also try out cycling which not only strengthens your bones and muscle strength, but also decreases your stress levels.
- Listen to your body. Most times, while working hard, we often forget to take care of ourselves. Sometimes, try a massage or going camping to boost your health. Other than this, you can eat right and get into a meal plan. You can start slowly by quitting a bad habit each month. This way, you can track your progress at the end of the year and feel good about yourself!
Nurture Your Soul
- Invest in your creativity. How about trying a DIY project? You can get building supplies and go crazy with what you would like to build. Is gardening your thing? Nurturing plants does wonders for the soul.
- Pick up a new skill. This improves your brain function and the general health of your brain. Learning something new is fun as well and stimulates your brain to increase your overall learning skills.
Investing in yourself builds your confidence and helps you realize your self-worth. In everything, choose to be happy.
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: