Akothee's manager explains why she fainted on stage, gives update on her health

She fainted on Saturday!

Akothee's manager Nelly Oaks explains why she fainted on stage, gives update on her health

Singer Akothee’s manager Nelly Oaks has disclosed what made her faint while she was performing in Kisumu.

Oaks said that the mother of five went into heavy activity, soon after leaving hospital where she had been asked to rest.

She is in Kisumu still resting at the Acacia Hotel and trying to recover because she went into heavy activity just after checking out of the hospital and went straight into rehearsals she didn’t want to disappoint her fans,” he said.

The manager stated that Akothee did not show any signs of sickness, but had mentioned that she was a little tired, and went ahead to run her set, before collapsing after losing her breath.

She had actually run her set for 45 minutes and it was during the last 30 seconds of the last song that the unfortunate incident happened. She had lost lots of breath because of the up and down activity. So that’s what forced her to faint but the good news is we got her to the car and we didn’t have to go all the way to the hospital because she recovered slowly and we gave her vitamins and juice and she was back to normal,” said Nelson,

He added that doctors had recommended a two weeks bed rest for Madam Boss, and she would do it at her Rongo Spa home.

She has been recommended bed rest and she is headed to her home in Rongo where she is going to rest for at least two weeks,” said Oaks.

On dating Akothee

Nelly oaks who spoke to Mseto East Africa also refuted claims that he was in any way involved in a romantic relationship with Akothee, insisting that they are partners.

We are very good friends and we are very good at what we do in terms of business. So, apart from that, that’s on your imagination and the public imagination,” said Oaks.

Akothee faints

Award winning Akothee collapsed on stage, causing panic among her fans, as she performed for the famous Luo Festival in Kisumu.

In videos shared on social media, she lost consciousness in the middle of a performance and was taken off the stage for first aid and medical attention.


Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or:

Email: news@pulselive.co.ke