Eric Omondi sets amount Kenyan artistes should be paid for shows

Sauti Sol Sh2.8M, Otile Sh1.5 - Omondi sets tough conditions for promoters

Luku ni moto- Eric Omondi

Comedian Eric Omondi has unleashed tough conditions that promoters and event organizers must adhere to in 2022 when organizing shows or concerts

According to the funnyman, all artistes booked for shows must be paid 75% of the agreed amount in advance and the remaining 25% on the day of the event.

He went on to list a number of A-list artistes who should never be paid less than Sh600, 000 per show.

Tough Conditions

“Please be notified that this year I will personally scrutinise every detail of every event!!! I want to know how much artists are paid. I want to ensure that every artist is paid 70 percent of their money prior and 25 percent on the day of the event before the event. Every a list artist must be paid not less than ksh 600,000. By A list I mean the following.

“Nadia Mukami - KSH 600,000

Khaligraph Jones 1.5 MILLION

Otile Brown - KSH 1.5 MILLION

Nyashinski - KSH 1.5 MILLION

Sauti sol - KSH 2.8 MILLION,” reads Omondi’s post in part.

He added that all B-list artiste should be paid Sh450, 000 and above per show, giving an example of young rapper and Gengetone star Trio Mio.

B-Lisit Artistes

“All the b list artist must be paid not less than ksh 450,000. i.e Ethic, Trio Mio etc. All events must be headlined by a Kenyan artist whether Beyoncé is performing or not!!!

Security must be provided for all artist. A world class backstage for all artist is non negotiable,” he added.

In the recent past, Omondi has been championing for 75% of local music to be played on both radio and TV stations. He also promised to ensure that Kenyan acts perform last at all events being headlined by international artistes.

Get our Top Stories delivered to your inbox
By subscribing to our newsletter, you agree to our Privacy Policy & Terms of service.

Welcome to the Pulse Community! We will now be sending you a daily newsletter on news, entertainment and more. Also join us across all of our other channels - we love to be connected!

Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or:

Email: news@pulselive.co.ke

Recommended articles

Blinky Bill elated as his song features on Netflix movie

Blinky Bill elated as his song features on Netflix movie

Former Real Househelps of Kawangware actress Awiti welcomes newborn

Former Real Househelps of Kawangware actress Awiti welcomes newborn

Jalang'o lists conditions to take up advertisements as member of parliament

Jalang'o lists conditions to take up advertisements as member of parliament

Veteran rapper Nazizi Hirji shares photos of complete multimillion mansion [Photos]

Veteran rapper Nazizi Hirji shares photos of complete multimillion mansion [Photos]

Singer Diamond Platnumz reveals the amount Zuchu will pay to terminate contract

Singer Diamond Platnumz reveals the amount Zuchu will pay to terminate contract

I will always be your submissive - Diana Marua to Bahati

I will always be your submissive - Diana Marua to Bahati

Jaguar makes music comeback with new collabo [Watch]

Jaguar makes music comeback with new collabo [Watch]

Diamond's message to Kenyans after declaration of president-elect

Diamond's message to Kenyans after declaration of president-elect

Robert Burale's advice to Kenyans ahead of declaration of presidential election winner

Robert Burale's advice to Kenyans ahead of declaration of presidential election winner