Mutula Kilonzo clarifies 'Choking on meat' incident

He comes clean!!

Mutula Kilonzo clarifies 'Choking on meat' incident

Makueni Senator Mutula Kilonzo Junior has come clean on what happened when he was reported to have choked on meat and was rushed to hospital, last year.

Speaking on Milele FM on Wednesday, the senator said that he did not choke.

Mutula narrated that he took himself to the Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital where he was treated after a piece of meat got stuck in the food pipe and blocked food from getting into the stomach.

He went on to explain that he did not choke as it was reported and all it took was an intravenous procedure and the piece of meat was removed from where it was.

I went and was treated by Kenyan doctors who removed the thing that had blocked the meat from getting into the stomach. I was not operated but they did an intravenous procedure on me, saw where the problem was and they removed the piece of meat,” said Senator Mutula.

The Makueni senator added that they had attended an event at the Nandi County Assembly where Senator Cherargei gave a speech, before they were invited for lunch.

Choking incident

A few months ago, the Senator was reported to have choked on food and later excused himself to go to the washroom before a Sergeant at Arms followed him and later walked him to a waiting car.

He was then rushed to Nandi County Referral Hospital for first aid and was later on transferred to the Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital.

JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!

Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or:

Email: news@pulselive.co.ke