The sports category has moved to a new website.

I was afraid to leave the hospital - Size 8 on being a first-time mum

“I was clueless,” Size 8 revealed.

Size 8 and DJ Mo

The ‘Mateke’ singer disclosed that she was so nervous about leaving the hospital after undergoing her CS as she was clueless about taking care of her baby. She shared her story in a bid to encourage new mums.

“To all the new mothers out there wondering if the child will ever grow coz of the work involved in raising a very little one especially fresh from childbirth they grow up fast take courage I remember the first day I was given @ladashabelle after CS I was clueless wondering how and what am I supposed to do with a little tiny baby. I was afraid to leave the hospital and go home by God’s grace she is almost 3years now wow to God be the glory,” read part of her post.


Difficult pregnancy

In the past, Size 8 has also opened up about how difficult her pregnancy was as to as she developed hypertension due to her late mum’s illness and the multiple complications she had while giving birth.

“I wanted a natural birth but I had so many complications in my pregnancy. Pressure ilikuja na pregnancy, ikapanda mtoto karibu atoke. Nikaenda kupimwa it was 178 ndio they told me they can’t let me go because after 160 it’s dangerous,” She disclosed on Mummy 101.

She was hospitalized then at 4 am she was induced but things didn't exactly go as planned.


“They induced me because I was insisting I wanted a natural birth. So ikakataa kabisa. I was feeling pain but sina hata nguvu. Hiyo pressure ilikuwa imenimaliza nguvu. Niko in pain but si dilate. Heartbeat ya mtoto inateremka chini. I was forced to go for a CS and cried as I didn’t want a CS.” Size 8 revealed and so she tried to see whether the baby would come but no avail. “I tried but my husband went and talked with the gynaecologist and I was wheeled into the theatre crying.”


DJ Mo’s quick thinking saved their daughter’s life as the surgeons found that the umbilical cord had wrapped around her daughter’s neck and her daughter was worryingly small.

“Waliponifungua walipata mtoto amejifunga, umbilical cord ilikuwa imejifunga kwa shingo, halafu tena kalikuwa kadogo. Kumbe hiyo pressure ilikuwa imeaffect placenta, chakula haikuwa inafika. It was God nilizaa na CS otherwise kangekufa,” she added.


After the horrific ordeal, Ladasha arrived into the world at 1.7 Kgs but unfortunately 24 hours later, Size 8’s mum passed away and Ladasha never got to meet her grandmother.

“I stayed in the hospital for a week then I went to see my mum’s body as I could not attend the burial as I couldn’t travel as I was sick and the baby was young,” Mrs Mo revealed.


Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: