Girl, 17, electrocuted as she charges her mobile phone

She was found with the headphones 'melted in her ears'.

The 17-year-old's lifeless body was found on the floor by a relative at about 5pm, the Mirror reported.

Melted earphones

A 'huge electric charge' had destroyed her phone, which was plugged into a charger.

'The girl's grandmother told the doctor that they found her granddaughter unconscious, lying on the floor and with headphones in her ears,' a hospital spokesman told local media.

'They said they believe that the young woman had an electric shock because the cell phone was charging and the phone was melted.'

He added: 'It is stated in the medical record that the girl was admitted to the hospital one hour after the electric shock.

Lightning

'The relatives said that the girl had received a shock, but the causes of death will still be confirmed.'

He said it was not raining at the time but there was a lightning storm.

It is not clear exactly how the teenager was electrocuted and the cause of the shock is still under investigation.

JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!

Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or:

Email: news@pulselive.co.ke