Nairobi man in ICU after phone explosion in bed

He was found unconscious and badly burnt by a neighbor

A report by The Nairobian states that Mwaniki’s mother Mary Kabuu, said it was by sheer luck that the neighbour saw smoke emanating from the house and went to find out what was happening, otherwise it would have been more serious.

Sleep

His mobile phone allegedly exploded while he was asleep, sparking a fire in the house.

“It happened as he slept and he didn’t know what was happening. He woke up only to find himself choking and burning,” said the mother.

“The doctor has assured us that the burns were not deep, and that he will be okay,” she said.

Perforated eardrum

Doctors suspect the victim could have suffered a perforated eardrum following the explosion.

“He is still under assessment, we had to stabilise him first,” a nurse stated.

It is not yet confirmed which brand of phone Mwaniki was using.

JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!

Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or:

Email: news@pulselive.co.ke