Earwax is in place to protect the ear canal from bacteria, and fungi, insects and water. external agents but sometimes there is a blockage and that becomes a problem. Accumulation of excessive earwax could result in earache, feeling of fullness in the ear, an uncomfortable sensation in the ear, noises in the ear, temporary hearing loss and itching and so on which are always uncomfortable.
Home remedies to remove ear wax
Earwax is in place to protect the ear canal from bacteria, and fungi, insects and water. external agents but sometimes there is a blockage and that becomes a problem.
Hence we use the ear buds, but not all of us like the ear buds, so here are some home remedies you can use to help remove the wax
Salt water is the best earwax removal solution that can be used at home. It can soften the wax accumulated inside the ear, making it easy to get rid of.
1. Mix one teaspoon of salt in one-half cup of warm water until the salt dissolves completely.
2. Soak a cotton ball in the saline solution.
3. Tilt the affected ear up toward the sky. Squeeze the cotton ball to put a few drops of the saline water into the ear.
4. Stay in the same position for three to five minutes.
5. Next, tilt your head in the opposite direction to allow the saline water to drain out.
6. Clean the outer part of your ear with a clean cloth to remove the softened wax.
Warm water will also help get rid of excess earwax. The gentle force of the water will dislodge the wax, making it easier to remove.
1. Pour little warm water in the affected ear. (body temperature).
2. Tilt your head upright and pull the outer ear to straighten the ear canal.
3. Leave it for a few seconds.
4 Drain it out by tilting your head to the opposite side.
Use only clean water.
To soften earwax and facilitate its removal, you can also use baby oil.
1. Put few drops of baby oil/glycerin with the help of a dropper.
2. Tilt the affected ear toward the sky and put two to five drops of the baby oil into the ear.
3. Place a cotton ball at the ear opening to prevent oil from oozing out.
4. Leave it for several minutes.
5. Remove the cotton ball and tilt your head the opposite direction to drain out the extra oil.
6. Clean the ear opening with a clean cloth.
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: