Ladies, would you rock these super long braids? (Photos)
Dare to be different
If you're bold and daring, you should try the ankle length braids. Yup, you read that right, ankle length braids. But why would anyone walk around with floor sweeping or super long braids? That's because, not only have they been given the stamp of approval by several celebs but also give off that eclectic and Afrocentric vibe especially if you're one to love the 'different good' look. Last year, Nicki Minaj stunned in baby pink lemonade braids and the trend was born as shortly after, other celebrities such as Black Chyna, Mila J (Jhene Aiko's elder sister, who is also a rapper) and Eva Marcille (Actress and model whose claim to fame was winning the first season of Tyra Bank's America's Next Top Model show) were spotted in floor sweeping braids.
To be fair, this is not the most practical hairstyle out there. Imagine boarding a matatu in ankle length braids? However, this look would be perfect for when you're on holiday, away from everyday life hustles or say when you're attending one of those pro-black events such as Afropunk festival or Thrift Social. The only flip side is, the braids may end up being a tad heavy on the head especially if you decide to tie them up into a bun; still, I think you should give it a try at least once in your life. If the ankle length is too long, you can always go for the bum length which is also ultra sexy.
Have a look at how fashion IT girls are rocking the super long braids:
1. Not too shabby when tied at the back huh?
2. When it comes to the color, you can wing it by going for blonde braids instead of black, for instance.
3. Add a pop of color by having some braids braided in a different color.
4. Or, you could go for a chic ombre look.
5. Feel free to add trendy braid accessories such as beads and strings for some va-va-voom.
6. Not feeling that length? How about the bum length?
What do you think? Yay or nay?
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: