Bananas are an excellent source of fiber, antioxidants, potassium, and several other nutrients. Several studies have linked banana consumption to many health benefits, including better digestion, healthy heart, improved insulin sensitivity, healthy kidney function, and more.
Bananas contain a good amount of potassium, vitamin B6, vitamin C, magnesium, and protein all of which can nourish your hair.
Here are some DIY banana hair mask recipes to pamper your hair.
Banana and honey hair mask
This mask is great for keeping your hair hydrated and moisturized and also to improve elasticity. The antioxidants in honey can condition your scalp, and speed up healing of dry and irritated skin. This mask can also help get rid of dandruff.
- Mash 2 ripe bananas with a fork and add 2 tablespoons of honey to it.
- Mix it well until you get a smooth paste.
- Now, slightly damp your hair and apply this mixture on it.
- Cover your head with a shower cap and let it stay for half an hour.
- Rinse off with lukewarm water before using a hair conditioner.
Banana and olive oil hair mask
This DIY hair mask can repair damaged hair and control frizz thanks to its high silica content.
- Blend one ripe banana and add 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil until no lumps are there.
- Apply this paste all over the hair using a brush.
- Cover with a shower cap and leave it 20 minutes.
- Rinse off with lukewarm water
Banana, papaya and honey hair mask
This protein-rich hair mask can make your hair strong and shiny.
- Take one ripe banana, 4-5 cubes of ripe papaya, and 2 teaspoons of honey
- Mix all these ingredients well to form a smoothie.
- Apply the mix all over the hair and scalp.
- Cover with a cap and leave it for a few minutes
- Wash with lukewarm water and then shampoo.
Banana, egg and honey hair mask
This mask can improve hair growth, moisturise dry hair, and make your tresses glossier.
- Take 2 ripe bananas, 1 fresh egg, 2 teaspoons of honey.
- Beat up the mixture to make a smooth paste.
- If you can't bear the eggy smell, add a few drops of fragrant essential oil like lavender, orange or lemon.
- Apply on the hair length using a brush.
- Let it stay for 20 minutes and wash with shampoo.