Not everyone can afford to go for facials in salons or even buying beauty products for the skin. But isn’t Mother Nature kind enough to us all? She gives us solutions to problems that we would else have to pay for dearly, all for free!
Simple turmeric recipe to get rid of acne
Give it a try
Turmeric is available in most markets and you can also get it in powder form at supermarkets. Although it’s mostly used to spice up broths, it has many more uses. People use it for weight loss, others use it for skin lightening and others use it to get a glowing skin.
Turmeric has antibacterial features, anti-inflammatory properties and is also a powerhouse of antioxidants. All these properties make it a great ingredient to help you achieve great skin. If you have been struggling with acne, it’s easy to fall on every new product you see advertised. But before that, you could try something more natural like a turmeric face mask as it is less likely to have negative effects on your skin.
Try out this simple recipe. It’s simple and all the ingredients can be found in your kitchen.
1. Put one tablespoon of turmeric powder in a bowl
2. Add one tablespoon of honey
3. Add milk or plain yogurt as you stir the mixture until you achieve the desired consistency. Don’t make it too thin and again it should not be too dry.
4. Apply a thin layer on the affected areas and lay down for like 30 minutes.
5. Rinse off your face with cold water, pat dry and moisturize your skin.
Remember that turmeric may leave stains on your skin and clothes. Put on old clothes and cleanse your face properly to ensure you have no stains left.
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: