Style and glamour characterized the gala event
The gala event was one of a kind, featuring a red carpet moment, cocktail session as well a dinner. The set up was a Parisian theme, which included awe-inspiring decor, a stage complete with an ultra-modern LED screen and dummy mini Eiffel towers to bring the theme to life.
The aim of the awards was to recognize and celebrate the movers and shakers of the wedding industry. In the past, there has not been a major award event that recognizes those who work so hard to pull off all the elegant wedding events that take part in Kenya. We see and attend those weddings but we rarely know the brains behind the impeccable work. Having a background in event planning, I can tell you for a fact that bringing an event to life, and a successful one for that matter that will leave tongues wagging is no cakewalk. It was about time that someone celebrated all these hardworking entrepreneurs.
The categories of the award event touched on all aspects of wedding planning, spanning from caterers, to bridal makeup, wedding event planners, photographers, videographers, jewelers, wedding dress designers, DJs, Mcs etc. Some of the most notable winners included Bonfire Adventures who won Best Honeymoon Agent, Top Fashion Designer Aulgah Nato, who took home the Honorary Rising Star Award and Bryson Okut of Cittificial Klothing who won the Best Menswear Designer. Other winners included:
Best Wedding MC - Sigisia
Best Wedding Event Planner - Slique Event Planner
Best Wedding Décor - Wayfarer Events
Best Wedding Photographer - Willy Muturi Photography
Best Wedding Sound - Mambo Yote Sound
Best Wedding Jewelers - Rajshyn Jewelers
Best Wedding TV Show - Our Perfect Wedding Kenya
Upcoming Events planner - Events By Nimmoh
Best Wedding Videographer - E Studio Camouflage
Best Bridal Hair Salon - Ashley’s Hair & beauty
Best Bridal Hairstylist - J Praise Omondi
Best Wedding Cakes - Custom Cakes By Hash Cake
Best Wedding Ushering - Cate Kris
See full list of winners here.
Highlights from the event:
As with every gala event, guests were expected to look their best in gowns and tuxedos and I must admit that they did not disappoint. We saw exquisite looks on the red carpet, proving that Kenyans are beginning to warm up to red carpet events and bringing their fashion A game, perhaps learning a thing or two from their Nigerian counterparts?
Here are some of the guests that stole the show:
1. Award-winning fashion designer, Aulgah Nato stunned in an exquisite form-fitting off shoulder red gown with a slit.
2. Bryson Okut of Cittificial Klothing and his company were elegant in matchy-matchy outfits.
3. Up and coming fashion designer, Lucy Kawira of Weshlons Fashion House showed us how to wear African prints with a modern twist.
4. These guests definitely did not miss the 'dress to impress' memo.
5. Wasn't this lady stunning?
6. Never mind her, she's just having her queening moment and looking sassy while at it.
7. Overskirts seem to be quite on trend lately.
We love the red carpet MC's jumpsuit that came towed with a tulle overskirt.
8. These gents looked rather dapper!
9. Very elegant style by this lovely guest.
Congrats to all the winners.