Despite the unpredictable weather, revelers showed up and were treated to stellar performances by opening acts, Mambo Tribe Band, Nigeria’s Skales and Rude Boy of P Square while Malian Afro-pop singer, the legendary Salif Keita, who is referred to as ‘The Golden Voice of Africa’ headlined the event. Salif’s vocals are totally unmatched and watching him live was quite a treat to the ears.
With a new location, having moved from Two Rivers which was considered by many a flop, the event seemed to have had a 'new' lease of life.
As is customary, Kenyans did not disappoint in the fashion department. While there were many looks spotted, Ankara definitely dominated. Have a look:
1. Jacky Vike, popularly known as Awinja was rocking a gorgeous layered Ankara skirt, which she paired with an Ankara front tie bralette.
2. Front tie tops have been quite in vogue this year and it was one of the trends spotted at the event.
We love how this lady paired hers with a thigh high slit skirt.
3. A cute and flirty fit for an unpredictable weather.
4. Berets and mini bags are still circling the fashion sphere. This stylish lady definitely brought her fashion A game.
5. A Maasai co-ord set, complete with a Maasai beaded accessory is effortlessly cute.
6. This lady went for a risque backless jumpsuit with a cut out design on the bottom and hands.
A lot going on if you ask us, but she rocked the hell out of it and that's all that matters.
7. Another front tie Ankara co-ord set.
8. The event MC, Amina did not disappoint in her Ankara coat with lace details and matching pants.
9. Capital FM's Kui Kabala, who was also emceeing alongside Amina was stylish in a beaded overskirt that gave off Zulu babe vibes.