3 rules for decorating your walls
Move from Rookie to guru with these important steps.
Well, Pulse Live took the rime to gather all the cool tips to help you move from rookie level to guru in décor.
Check this out:
1. Pick a special color
The first step to awesome walls is picking your special splash of color. It is usually the first thing you see when you walk into a room. Also pick a wall that can easily be customized and seen or it may throw off the whole look.
2. Use the 60-30-10 accent wall color rule
Avoid overwhelming your interior with excessive colors. If you’re going to mix them then use the 60-30-10 rule to develop your colour scheme.
It works like this:
1) 60 percent of the room, including its painted surfaces and decor, represents your dominant color choice
2) 30 percent is applied to a secondary color
3) 10 percent is for the accent color
3. Fine tune your color saturationFor harmony in the shades, focusing on saturation help accentuate the splash color on your walls. According to The Spruce, using a tint as the dominant color in the room, a toned color as the secondary color, with your accent color being the most vivid and pure hue of the three. This means making the accent wall the darkest or most vivid color in the room, accented by area rugs, throw pillows or other decor items that integrate the color and balance it throughout the space.
With this in mind, here are some great ideas you can customize for your own space.
JOIN OUR PULSE COMMUNITY!
Eyewitness? Submit your stories now via social or: